Sunday, February 17, 2008

Real Person On The Net

Every company needs a unique selling position (USP) ... something that makes it unique from the competition. There are a variety of unique selling positions you could make, and we will some of them in a later article. But the first (and in my opinion the best) way for people to do business with you is to personalize your company. What do I mean by that? Well, let's look at some examples of what I call " personalization "

1) Kentucky Fried Chicken Actually, they used 2 Universal service providers. First, they used personalization with Col Harlan Sanders. It was "Colonel Sanders Kentucky Fried Chicken" with a logo of the grey beard and headed colonel in every resturaunt in every bucket of chicken, in every cup of soda, etc. The second USP was the slogan "Colonels of the secret blend of 11 (or 18 or whatever it was) herbs and spices. They also made it personally.

2) Wendys Hamburger Originally, the red-haired Wendy was the daughter of the founder of Wendys-Dave Thomas. However, this is not really the task of selling the product. If Wendys necessary to really sales had Dave Thomas, the home, slow to speak "normal" guy, will appear in the advertisement. Dave Thomas and his image started to draw in more and more Wendys restaurants and sales kept climbing.

3) Chrsyler and Lee Iacocca When Chrysler was declared bankrupt, their new CEO has the bull by the horns. He immediately fell his salary to $ 1 per year and started in ads for the new Chrysler models. He also got things like the restoration of the Statue of Liberty and other humanitarian efforts. Whatever Iacocca was, it was news! And every time you thought of him, you thought of Chrysler. Needless to say, Sales height and Lee Iacocca was considered a marketing genius. He also made millions of dollars through the exercise of stock options that he had given the way he turned around Chrysler.

4) and the lonely Maytag repair man-You can not much more than a basic washing machines and dryers. It's just a basic commodity. How can you sell the unique? Maytag had a brilliant idea to create a repair people that has nothing to do (because they want you to reason, the product is so good it never breaks.) Of course, this is not a real person, but a concept that almost subconcous, which makes In your opinion, you have to buy Maytag, if you do not want money for repairs.

5) M cdonalds You have many USPs personalized but I want to speak is a Ronald McDonald. Again, as the Maytag repair man, he is a fictional character, but he is a clown (cheerful, funny) and he is doing good things, like run the Ronald McDonald House for charitable purposes. Ronald appeals to children and encourages them to want a Happy Meal. " Burger King has tried to copy, but their "king" is just a guy with a mask, so that you can not see his face moves when he speaks. I think this is really stupid in the Burger King. You should be a "real" person or just forget the idea.

6) Ken Nugent - "One call, that's all" - Ken Nugent is a real lawyer, but he has satellite offices in many major cities. Ken may not even be practicing law more, but it is the personalization of a network of law firms. Many people do not like the idea of meeting with a lawyer, especially a stranger. Ken Nugent has a face to lawyers everywhere. Now they can call and talk to Ken. " This is really a brialliant marketing strategy.

There are countless other examples, but I think the 6 listed give us a good basis to prove that personalizaton works. How can you in your home or business Internet business? Begin by asking the questions that your potential customers ask. Do I want to do business with a nameless society? Do I want as a series rather than as a person? What happens if I have a product replaced or even a full refund?

As I "personalize" everything I do

To these questions asnwer, I noticed that people want to do business with a person-not a "company". For this reason, in my business, every business card, every site, every blog, every resource of my business is my name, picture, telephone number and address. This means two things:

1) First of all, people can know, I am a real person. You can see what I look like, call me on the phone or even know what part of the country I live in. It shows that I am not a stranger, and I'm hopefully on the way to a friend.

2) Because my name is on everything, it helps me avoid the temptation to take shortcuts! In other words, since I value my reputation, you can be darn sure that I all I can do to ensure that my clients are completely satisfied in any dealings with me. Conversly, a lot of shabby Internet marketers behind a mailbox and use automatted telephone services . I can as well, but I am also with my correct name and image and not hidden behind a false address.

What does this mean that you

Since the Internet can be a cold, impersonal tool, I recommend you very much, everything you can do to make it warm and friendly. I suggest that your image, your personality and your individuality in your Internet business. Not only one of the numbers. If the unique individual that you are! And, if you offer a good service at a good price, I am sure you are not only an Internet Marketer, but you will become a prosperous marketers as well!

No comments: